It’s a new year and a fresh start for businesses looking to thrive online this year!
But knowing where to start with your online marketing, or how to utilise your existing content and skills to grow your business can be a struggle for many business owners. That’s where online marketing consultancy can benefit you.
What is online marketing consultancy?
Online marketing consultancy is a great way to pick the brains of an online marketing expert (hey, that’s me!), asking the questions you have about social media, blogging, your website and anything to do with your web presence.
Consultancy is described as “a professional practice that gives expert advice within a particular field” – and that’s exactly what you’ll get by investing in an online marketing consultant.
But how will it benefit your business?
You have built your business based on your own unique set of skills, expertise and experience. For example, if you’re an accountant you know all there is to know about tax returns and other things that I definitely don’t understand.
On the other hand, you may not know how to build a robust, goals-driven blog post strategy that will generate more traffic to your website.
When my tax return rolls around, I’ll hire an accountant to take care of it – so why not hire an online marketing consultant to help you make sense of the vast world of digital marketing?
More benefits of hiring an online marketing consultant
- Getting an outsider’s perspective – you dedicate all of your energy to your business and treat it as your baby. Don’t worry, I do too! As such, it’s easy to fall into the trap of not seeing the wood for the trees. Getting another pair of eyes on your business and how it operates online is a great way to discover things you may have missed.
- Learning new skills and tools – Whether you need to schedule social media content more efficiently, or need a way of checking your website is optimised for all devices, an online marketing consultant has done all the hard work of testing the best solutions and will happily pass them on to you!
- Saving you time – a great consultant is focused on making your life easier and saving you time in the long run, so you can concentrate on what is most important to your business.
What does online marketing consultancy involve?
Every online marketing consultant will have a different method of bringing out the best in your business. However, every consultancy should include:
- The discovery process – the opportunity to talk about your business, its goals and the obstacles you face in reaching them.
- The review process – with this information, the consultant will conduct a review or auditing process to extract the key themes that need to be addressed.
- The strategy process – taking the findings of the review or audit and creating a strategy that works for you
- The support process – to ensure that you are happy with the strategy and implementing it into your business
So how does it work with the content consultant?
With over 8 years of experience in online marketing, I am now introducing a consultation package for SMEs and sole traders to help them make the most of their web presence.
The package includes:
- A deep-dive questionnaire to get to the root of your business and what you want to achieve
- A thorough SWOT analysis of your online presence, finding the strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats
- A 60-minute session (Skype or face-to-face for businesses local to Basingstoke, Hampshire) to go through your audit, and the necessary methods and strategies to help you grow
- Personalised notes and “homework” tasks to complete
- 30 days email support and accountability to ensure you stay on track